Community Migrant Resource Centre is inviting Expressions of Interest for
3 BUSINESS CONNECT MULTICULTURAL Contractors (July – March 2021)
1 COVID-19 Disruption Advisor – Mandarin/Cantonese speaking to deliver
advisory services across Metropolitan Sydney & Regional NSW
1 COVID-19 Disruption Advisor – Dari speaking for Metropolitan Sydney
1 COVID-19 Disruption Advisor – Farsi speaking for Metropolitan Sydney
Funded by NSW Department of Treasury
Community Migrant Resource Centre is a not-for-profit organisation committed to ensuring that refugees, humanitarian entrants and other migrants in NSW are supported and resourced to fulfil their potential as members of the Australian community.
The Advisor/Contractor will deliver a range of Business Connect services including, but not limited to, Business Guidance, Business Skills Training, and Business Referrals to small business in the respective language and reflective of the cultural diversity of the community. Further, the advisor/contractor needs to have the skills and experience to support small businesses facing significant, unprecedented disruption, including being able to help small businesses.
Essential Selection Criteria:
- High level business management or consulting experience to support small businesses to adapt business models in the short to medium term in response to disruption
- Experience in operating small business, including trends and emerging issues relevant to small business to adopt innovative business models, practices and technology
- Help businesses manage cash flow and people management/HR issues to help sustain jobs and retain staff
- Help small businesses to achieve rapid growth through digital readiness, innovate, scale up and capture new markets or market share
- Able to deliver one-to-one advisor sessions, workshops, seminars and webinars
- Have experience in at least one of the highly impacted sectors listed below:
- Accommodation and food service
- Rental, hiring and real estate services
- Administrative and support services
- Arts and recreation services.
- Tourism, Hospitality and events
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and fluent in the respective language
- Tertiary qualification in economics, finance, marketing, commerce, business management or related disciplines
- Demonstrated ties to the respective language speaking cultural group
Desirable Selection Criteria:
Written applications for the position should include:
- Resume / Cover letter
- Response to selection criteria
Applications which do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
The successful candidate must provide a current National Police Clearance (within last 6 months) for this role.
Application Date Extended
Applications close: COB Tuesday, 23rd June 2020.
Submit applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org