February- June 2021 (possibility for extension until June 2022)
Community Migrant Resource Centre is seeking experienced and enthusiastic Youth Transition Support Worker to be based in Parramatta
Part time – 21 hours per week
Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services, Grade 3 (salary packaging available)
Parramatta Head Office- level 4, 1 Horwood Place, Parramatta
The Youth Transition Support Program provides targeted and tailored services to refugee, vulnerable CALD youth aged 15 up to 25 years of age, with early intervention assistance accessing employment and further education pathways, and addresses issues related to social disengagement.
- Tertiary qualifications or related experience
- Sound experience working with youth from refugee backgrounds (preferably in education or employment support area)
- Demonstrated understanding of trauma-informed practice
- Strong networks with community, education, employment sectors & youth referral agencies
- Experience in developing strong and collaborative working relationships with education providers, employers, start-up spaces and disruptive employment platforms
- Demonstrated ability to be creative and innovative, with a strong client-outcome focus
- Pro-active and solution focused
- Proficiency in a language other than English is highly desirable
Written applications for the position should include:
Resume and response to selection criteria outlining your experience against each of the selection criteria listed above
Applications which do not address the selection criteria will not be considered
The successful candidate must provide a current National Police Clearance (obtained within last 6 months) and a Working with Children Check (for employment) in order to be employed in this role.
For more information about CMRC please go to www.cmrc.com.au or CMRC Facebook page
Applications close: COB Friday, 26 February 2021
Submit applications to: email@example.com
CMRC adheres to the principles and practices of equal employment opportunity and workplace health and safety.