January- June 2021 (possibility for extension)
CMRC is currently seeking a highly motivated Family Services Manager to lead a dedicated Family Services team.
The position is responsible for developing, expanding, monitoring and continually improving the specialised Early Intervention, Multicultural Workers Support, Towards Belonging Programs and other family services delivered by CMRC.
Reporting directly to the CEO and working as part of a close-knit management team FSM will have the opportunity to contribute to drive social impact and the strategic direction of the organisation and share their passion for building strong families and communities.
FSM will provide strategic management and leadership for a range of family programs and services including child protection, integrated family services, and early intervention programs.
FSM will understand how Early Intervention programs help families with children 0-8 years and is expected to have comprehensive knowledge of NSW Child Protection system and legislation. FSM is expected to understand issues CALD families are facing when their children are at risk of entering or escalating within the child protection system.
Embracing the purpose and values of CMRC, the Family Services Manager will support, mentor and develop a highly committed and talented team of staff and contractors to drive service excellence and innovation.
The Family Services Manager will take the lead in building strategic partnerships and developing new service models.
FSM must have previous experience in the community services, early childhood education, counselling or family services sectors with a passion for providing quality service for the community.
FSM will demonstrate a high level of people management skills with an ability to lead and inspire your team.
FSM will have experience in program/service planning and a proven track record in driving continuous quality improvement.
FSM will have high level analytical skills with an ability to communicate effectively across the organisation.
Full time – 35 hours per week
Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services, Grade 6 (salary packaging available)
Parramatta Head Office- level 4, 1 Horwood Place, Parramatta
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work or related field
- Inspiring leadership and demonstrated ability to manage multiple programs, brief and debrief support workers, motivate, lead and supervise a multidisciplinary team
- Strong project and program management experience and demonstrated understanding and application of theoretical frameworks and relevant experience in delivery of Family Services
- Extensive experience in policy development and report writing
- Ability to oversee multiple budgets
- Demonstrated understanding of working with multicultural individuals, families and communities who have experienced trauma, including acute, ongoing and intergenerational
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in developing and monitoring strong and collaborative working relationships with Department of Communities and Justice, other government departments, community sector organisations and local councils
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a professional team including knowledge and understanding of the roles and contributions of other programs to the CMRC.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbal, written skills and multi-mode communication skills including management and reporting via internal data base portal and Government portals
- Proficiency in a language other than English is highly desirable
- Valid Driver’s Licence and comprehensively insured car
Written applications for the position should include:
Resume and response to selection criteria outlining your experience against each of the selection criteria listed above
Applications which do not address the selection criteria will not be considered
The successful candidate must provide a current National Police Clearance (obtained within last 6 months) and a Working with Children Check (for employment) in order to be employed in this role.
For more information about CMRC please go to www.cmrc.com.au or CMRC facebook page
Applications close: COB Monday, 7 December 2020
Submit applications to: email@example.com
CMRC adheres to the principles and practices of equal employment opportunity and workplace health and safety.